The Nigeria music industry should support the upcoming artist because it has not been easy.

Q. Can be we meet you?
A. My name is Gfosee

Q. Date of birth
A. I was born in 1982

Q. What style of music are you doing and what stirred up the passion for music inside of you?
A. My style of music is Afro Pop and the thing that stirred up in me is because I love Art generally and I use music to express my feelings.

Q. When did you start your music career and how has the journey been so far?
A. I started my music career seven years ago. Ever since then, it has been joy and sorrow mixed together.

Q. Mention some problems upcoming artists are facing in the music industry?
A. Well, the problem upcoming artists are facing right now in Nigeria is sponsorship because not everybody is born with golden or silver spoon.

Q. What do you think can be done to solve this problem you highlighted above?
A. If there is a good platform and sponsorship or if the government can be given loans to upcoming artists to start their musical careers, I think that will be good.

Q. What can upcoming artists do to come to limelight?
A. If upcoming artists can promote their songs to some extent, they will come to limelight.

Q. What can the government do to support the upcoming artists in Nigeria?
A. The government can help them promote their songs and support them financially.

Q. Are you under any label/management or you are the one pushing your music?
A. I am not under any record label, I am the one pushing my songs by myself.


Q. In the area of promotion, what are the challenges involved?
A. The challenges involved are time and money.

Q. How do you fund your music?
A. I do mini jobs, I am an artisan.

Q. How has been the relationship between upcoming artist and superstars in the area of support?
A.  Anyway, I have not got any support from any superstar so that question is void.

Q. Do you think the music industry should create a platform where upcoming artists can easily get financial support?
A. The industry should support the upcoming artist because it has not been easy.

Q. Don't you think investors should come in n invest in the Nigeria Music industry?
A. Yes, investors can come in and invest.

Q. As an artist, mention some benefits yo enjoy in Nigeria?
A. I am not enjoying any benefits.

Q. Upcoming artists don't get endorsement from brands, why is dat?
A. Upcoming artist cannot get endorsement from brands except for those who has made it.
Those brands cannot even endorse an upcoming artists, they prefer a super star to sell their brands.


Q. Who is your role model and mentor in the music industry?
A. My role models are 2face, Patoranking, Timaya and many others.

Q. Mention fit artists that inspire you with their music?
A. Runtown, Burnaboy, Davido, Fireboy DML and Adekunle Gold.


Q. How often do you write your songs and what gives you inspiration when writing your songs?
A. I do write songs everyweek and anytime I hear bad news inspiration must come.


Q. When a producer gives you a beat to voice over, would you prefer to freestyle on the beat or you will write the lyrics first then voice over? 
A. Anytime I listen to beat I like to freestyle so I prefer freestyle.

Q. What are the challenges you are having with producers when working on a music project?
A. Music producers treat upcoming artists badly because you have not blow, they only respect you when you made it.
Q. What is your definition of music?
A. Music is life that gives joy and sorrow.

Q. What are the qualities of good music?
A. The quality of a good music is good sound, good rythm and good lyrics


Q. Do you think Nigerian artistes are still producing good music?
A. Yes, we are still producing good music and more are still coming.


Q. Who do you intend to work with, in the music industry?
A. I would like to work with 2face, Patoranking, Adekunke Gold and Davido

Q. Thank you for your time?
A. You are welcome

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I listened to every music except Naira Marley and Zlatan Ibile- JC Akinleye Olaide, Cinematographer

Proper structures, positive government interference and empowering young talents would boost music in Nigeria- Shanky Mannie, Dancehall artist