I listened to every music except Naira Marley and Zlatan Ibile- JC Akinleye Olaide, Cinematographer

Q. Can we meet you?
A. I'm JC Akinleye Olaide.

Q. Relationship status?
A. Single.

Q. Date of birth?
A. I am over 30 years old.

Q. Family background
A. I was born and raised in the largest city in the country, I be Ibadan man. I rep agbawo. I was born into Christian family of 4 ,3boys and a girl and i'm the third.
Q. Educational background?
A. I went to wuraola memorial school  ,my secondary is United secondary school agugu Ibadan and I studied music technology in the Polytechnic, Ibadan.

Q. Can you mention your talent(s) to us?
A. Photography and cinematography.

Q. We learnt you are a music video director so tell us more about it?
A. I used to fight in location with actors, artist because some of them will be telling you nonsense,some will not follow the script,if they write AAA in the script you must say it they way they write the dialogue unless I will fight you.
the outcome of the movie depends on the director not the cast or producer. Anytime I'm watching my work on tv it's makes me happy or see any of my pictures using by people on social media, it's make me an happy man.
Q. Is music video production a lucrative business in Nigeria?
A. Cinematography and photography is very lucrative in Nigeria

Q. When did you begin your video director career and how has the journey been so far?
A. I started on 2007 but professionaly in 2010 and started my own company LIBERTY CONNECT in 2015.
The journey was not easy. Initially I had ups and downs, but I thank God almighty.

Q. What do you think are the problems video directors are facing in the music industry, Nigeria?
A. The only problem we are facing in Nigeria is lack of enabling environment and access to latest equipment. 

Q. What do you think can be done to solve these problems you highlighted above?
A. Government can solve this problem by creating an enabling environment for us.


Q. Mention few things you think video directors can do to come to limelight?
A. As a cinematographer, if you wan to come to limelight you need to do something special, you must be creative and when people are going in one direction,you go in another direction that will make your work unique and different from others. Cinematography is just Technics of leaning how to direct film or making film.
Q. What does it take to produce a musical video of a song?
A. It's alot of thing to direct or make films, you must read the script and understand it very well,a cinematographer must know how to handle cameras and editing, you must understand your cast one by one.

Q. Your embarrassing moment?
A. My embarrassing moment was a day when an invited artist said I don't know what am doing,the guy came to from UK and you Know people from that place always think they Know it all but after the video shoot he came back and say sorry. He even gave me 50pounds.


Q. Your best moment?
A. My happy moments, I have many but the best one was when I was one the official photographer to shoot at the olojo festival in ile Ife that was sponsor by Airtel and when I shoot a documentary for google.


Q. Who are your role model and mentor in the area of music video production?
A. I have many role models,kunle afolayan,kemi adetiba and clearance Peters and uncle sunmisola smart Cole as a photographer and demola glory image.


Q. Do you think Nigerian artistes are still producing good music?
A. Of course! I studied music technology from the polytechnic ibadan so I love music so much,I listened to every music except Naira Marley and Zlatan Ibile.

Q. Where do you see yourself in the next ten years in the music industry, as a music video producer?
A. In the next 10years, I will be ruling over my generation in the name of Jesus.

Q. Tell us about your upbringing?
A. Growing up in my environment was very bad but thanks to my parents who did not let that environment affected me negatively. My environment always give me morals.

Q.While growing up, did you by any chance enjoy parental love?
A. I really enjoyed parental love,if not I will not be here today,if not I think I will be in of the garage in ibadan working as park manager, working for nurtw.

Q. Did your parents like your decision in becoming a music director and are they giving all the necessary support you need?
A. My dad was an engineer before he became a pastor and my mom was a teacher,when I told them about my video directing career,they just ask me to pray over it and everything is now a story.

Q. Did you by any chance have sex education at home?
A. Sex education ke,if you say anything about sex then,they will beat you like thief. All what they told us was about God.

Q. Do you think it is difficult to control sexual urge?
A. It is very easy to control it, it depends on mind.

Q. What is the root of domestic violence against women?
A. I think the root of domestic violence in any home is cause by improper communication. Proper communication in every home can stop and even eradicate domestic violence automatically.
Q. Do you think it is healthy for women to go into prostitution?
A. If a woman thinks prostitution is the way forward,everyone is owner of his or her life, you live it the way you like and I live mine. If I say it is bad and the person doing it thinks is good, that means it good and healthy for her. The thing is that if the law of the land don't see anything bad in it,who am I? Everyone just want to survive poverty.

Q. Do you think parents are doing enough regarding sex and sexuality?
A. Parents are not doing well by not letting their children to know the meaning of their private parts.

Q. What role do you think we can play as an individual or collectively as a society to create a sexually disciplined society?
A. We can create sexual discipline by educating our kids from tender age.

Q. Do you think religious leaders are doing well enough regarding sex and sexuality?
A. Religious leaders are not doing well about sex education,but some are chance now, you know we pretend alot in this country.

Q. What is your say on Children regarding sex and sexuality?
A. I support sex education to be taken back to school and religion centers. Sex education is very important now.

Q. Do you have a role model for sexual discipline?
A.I don't have role model regarding to sexual discipline.

Q. What is your view about sex? 
A. Sex is sweet and the best excercise after swimming, I like having sex i don't want to pretend.
Q. What is your view about sex education?
A.  Sex education is very important now,even at age 5 let your children know everything about sex education,lack of sex education is the cause of all raping under age.

Q. What is your word of encouragement to all music producers out-there?
A. Believe in yourself, think big, play big, you may loss big but anytime you win it's going to be a big win.


Q. One word for your clients?
A. one word for my clients, thank you  for the believe you have in me,up and down you are still there with me.you are part of my success.

Q. Thank you for your time and attention?
A. You are welcome

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nigeria music industry should support the upcoming artist because it has not been easy.

Proper structures, positive government interference and empowering young talents would boost music in Nigeria- Shanky Mannie, Dancehall artist